Wednesday, June 14, 2006

glocalization

i got inspired by flickr (yan yan news) to write a little something personal on g11n...

my GaaTse tien wanted to see if i needed anything else from hong kong as we countdown for our turkey trip. being the spoiled brother that i am, i thought it'd be way easier & cheaper and "eastern time" efficient for her to get me these little things there. so i waited up until midnight to skype her on her cell during her lunch break, which cost me maybe a few cents... (btw, skype is still offering free north american calling!) ... and she agreed to getting me much more than i had bargained for!! :D

so my last step in this interpersonal & international transaction was completing the localization (l10n) with a quick email before bed, "translating" in words and pictures of all the little things i needed.

at the end of the day (or after a few hours of sleep when i woke up this morning), i learned that the "glocalization" that my favorite social work prof likes talking about is fact a multi-disciplinary concept! (check out wikipedia in L10n and localization.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home