Friday, May 19, 2006

inspired by nouwen

i'm writing this at the little courtyard of st. michael's college at the university of toronto. i got down here early so i have a few minutes before the morning liturgy. i love wireless!! i'm gonna miss my laptop when i'm europe & south africa!

we had the first plenary session last night, and just that talk alone was worth the price of the conference in my opinion. it was mary jo leddy. she structured her speech based on an concept she got from a jewish philosopher, that:
we human beings think of god as merciful & just
because we are both weak & strong.

that alone got me thinking all night, and it even spilled over to this morning i guess! hahaa..

well, me gonna go join those "inspired by nouwen" people in prayer, and maybe i'll even get to witness the power of god getting generated in relationships as time progress.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you got to hear Leddy speak. I met her at a forum in 2002 in Three Hills, AB and enjoyed her book Radical Gratitude. When and why are you going to Europe and South Africa? Drop me a line when you have a chance.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home