Wednesday, October 25, 2006

you know the way that is mine

while riding the train or walking the streets of cape town, i often find myself humming these two songs i learned over the summer. there's one that i posted before from iona, and then there's this song of taize. the words apparently are from the journal of Bonhoeffer two weeks before his execution.




Gott, lass meine Gedanken sich sammeln zu dir.
Bei dir ist das Licht, du vergisst mich nicht.
Bei dir ist die Hilfe, bei dir ist die Geduld.
Ich verstehe deine Wege nicht,
aber du weisst den Weg fur mich.

- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger JOSH-WA! said...

God, gather and turn my thoughts to you.
With you there is light, you do not forget me.
With you there is help & patience.
I do not understand your ways,
But you know the way that is mine.
-DB

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Josh,

This is my favorite song from Taize ;)

I think capetown must be beautiful.
My housemate from capetown just returned today for 3 weeks for her studies, so she is coming your way!

Free Hugs
Lotte

p.s.: watch this beautiful video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home